ProCon Member Login
ProCon Member Accounts are temporarily unavailable whilst we complete some structural changes to the ProCon Leicestershire website. Please check back from 24th October 2020.
Leicester City Council’s 1930’s headquarters on Charles Street, City Hall, has been restored to its former Art Deco glory.
Formerly named Attenborough House, the 75 year old building was refurbished after the Council’s decision to vacate its former headquarters, New Walk Centre.
More than 1,200 staff had to be relocated – including 600 to City Hall, requiring an extensive yet sympathetic refurbishment of the original features, including the façade, whilst creating efficient and flexible office space.
City Hall represents a considerable long term investment in this part of Leicester and in the Council’s buildings portfolio. It has brought largely empty floor space back into use and allowed the restoration of historic architectural features.
The Charles Street area has been made more attractive and inviting to occupiers and visitors, stimulating economic growth. It better connects the nearby facilities in the Cultural Quarter.
The prospects for the local area are much improved thanks to the increased footfall of employees and visitors.
A full replacement of the building’s mechanical and electrical services provided an opportunity to incorporate a number of sustainable technologies – including a 150 square metre photovoltaic array on the roof – to provide a comfortable environment and an energy efficient building.
Willmott Dixon Construction
Leicester City Council
Franklin Ellis Architects
Curtins Consulting Engineers
ProCon Leicestershire Limited
47 Westview Avenue, Glen Parva, Leicester. LE2 9JU. Company number: 5420643